Thursday, February 20, 2014

Hakuhodo Kokutan (Ebony) Portable Mini Set




Portable Kokutan Eye Shadow brush ($44) Kokutan (Ebony) Portable Mini Set ($327)
I travel a lot for work and always reach for the good brush set for travelling. The superb quality of Hakuhodo brushes in my collection has convinced me to try this set. I’d heard that the hair length of those mini brushes is the same as the normal size and before purchasing the set, I picked the portable Kokutan eye shadow brush up to try first and it works well for packing eyeshadow. So I bought the whole set with really high hope in mind that it would replace those normal versions when I am on the go. Unfortunately, after several trips I noticed that the cheek brush may not work as well, especially under the dim light of some hotels. The bristles are soft, but they are not dense enough to blend the color easily on my cheek. From the website, it says the #4 from the left (picture from website) is an eye shadow brush for liner. Since I don’t use the gel eyeliner, I bought it more with MAC219 (creating the v) in mind because of its similar shape. Again, right away, I noticed that this brush is much softer than MAC219 and it is not dense enough to give me enough control over where I wanted the color to go. Overall, the tiny size of the brushes is convenient for travelling but with its premium price I would say Hakuhodo Kokutan portable mini set is not a mighty mouse for me.



Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment