Thursday, February 20, 2014

Hakuhodo S100 Series and black handles

Hakuhodo S100 Series
Pros:
+ It is incredibly soft and densely packed

Cons:
- Expensive

- The big size is not good for traveling


S102 Finishing brush round and flat ($142) is made out of blue squirrel hair. Good for finishing but can be used for powder if you want a sheer-finish, polished look. Lamer loose powder is a perfect combination!

S103 Powder blush brush pointed ($93) is made out of goat hair. I love the pointed shaped so much that I also stock another one with black handle (B103BkSL). I use it as a blush brush and the pointed tip allows me to apply the color precisely at where I want. The hair density also allows the ease of color blending.

S111 Blush brush round and flat ($93) is made out of blue squirrel hair; dreamingly soft and all. I bought this before the S103 and have never used it again ever since I purchased S103. lol. It is good as a blush brush but it was like I found the better tool.


S142 ($40) and S146 ($38) Eye shadow brush round are made out of blue squirrel hair. These two brushes are the beginning of my Hakuhodo collection. It all started from my craziness on the limited edition MAC226. I was a night late and had missed the last piece of MAC226 in the store. I struggled to find it online and came across some reviewers that say these two pieces are the dupes of it. Both S142 and S146 are for the same functions. I have small asian eyes and S146 suits me better.

S121G Eye shadow brush round and flat ($53) is made out of blue squirrel hair. Bigger version of MAC239. It is pretty much for my collection hobby as I prefer my MAC239 for everyday use.

S148 Eye shadow brush round and flat ($36) and S162 Eye brow brush angle ($36) are made out of weasel hair. The softness is good for under eye area. As an eye brow brush, S162 is too soft for my liking. My everyday use for brow is Anastasia Beverly Hills angled cut/spooly brush.


B103BkSL Powder blush brush pointed ($72) are made out of goat hair. Absolutely love it. My everyday use for applying blush. The pointed tip allows me to apply the color precisely at where I want and hair density helps color blending.

G504 Blush brush M angled ($72) is a blend of blue squirrel and horse hair. I use it for creating contours. The short handle is good for travelling.

G5521BkSL Highlight brush pointed ($34) is a blend of blue squirrel and goat hair. My everyday use as a highlighter brush.


G5524BkSL Eye shadow brush pointed ($52) is made out of kazan squirrel hair. I was hypnotized by the name of the bristles. Lol. I did not have this kind of bristles in my collection is the only reason for paying $52.  I made a purchase without knowing the specific function of it. However, I am glad I have it, love to use it for applying the base color over my eye lid. The bigness of it allows the fast job.

 J515 Eye Shadow Brush CM Angled ($26) is made out of goat hair. I use it for creating contour around my nose. It can be used as a smudge brush, but I do not reach for it over some of my other favorites (short shader MAC214 and sigma-E20). It is just too big for my eyes.

Follow me on Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment